Music Banter - View Single Post - young people listen to the 70's music?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2006, 12:43 AM   #67 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.
I can understand how someone from the younger generation can be very excited about Zep and the like. It's like new music that catches your ear. Very exciting to find something 'new' you enjoy. Even if it's 30 years old, it's new to someone just discovering it.

Heck, when I discovered Big Band, I went nuts. LOL. And that stuff was 60 years old. But it was new to me, so I was excited about it. I'd always had a peripheral ear when it came to that genre, hearing bits and pieces here and there. When I started persuing it, preto, brand new music. LOL.

As far as classic rock, it's just like any other genre. Listen to enough of it, and you get bored. Start looking for alternatives. There's always going to be someone discovering classic rock, and being hyped up about it.
Agreed... Though i never try to listen to too much of one genre at a time... I had a few punk phases, and metal ones.. And i listen to a lot of alternative and prog, in equal measures.... Recently i have been getting into funk (*points to avatar*) and jazz, due to my newfound bass fixation... In general i like to mix it up... For example i listened to some Hawkwind, Radiohead, Parliament, PJ Harvey, Blue Oyster Cult, Bill Evans Trio, Van Der Graaf Generator, Arcade Fire and Red Hot Chili Peppers today.

Of course there was i time when i listened to nothing but nu metal and post grunge.... But we all started out with questionable musical tastes, it's a part of growing up.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote