Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 03:49 AM   #1588 (permalink)
Rebirth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiu
You haven't read the bible so shut the fuck up. Sure someone is entitled to pass judgement on a book they haven't read, it just makes them a moron who really shouldn't be so ignorant. Lets face it most people say God isn't real based on what they think is cool even if they haven't read it, just like people think Radiohead is a good band just because all the indie fags love them. They really aren't getting the full picture.
rofl! So basically, you're not allowed to have any opinion on God nor the creation of the universe if we haven't read a piece of crap long drivel that only occasionally mentions the aforementioned concepts. The reason why this quote is so funny is because he actually said: “Lets face it most people say God isn't real based on what they think is cool even if they haven't read it.” I'm sorry buddy, but by saying “most people” aren't you assuming a hell of a lot about people right there in that foolish general statement? In other words: hypocrisy, which is a big no-no according to the Bible!

Okay now for an actual argument; you said something about the Big Bang theory being as far fetched as God creating the Universe. But the real issue here is that Science has several theories for the creation of the universe, all of which try its best to rely on scientific principles in accordance with quantum theories and chaotic unknowns giving the best reasonable guess to unknowns, like solving equations with several unknowns and no clear solution. And what does Religion do? It conjures up a fantasy story with absolutely no proof whatsoever to back up its claims which is just like saying Santa Claus or The Easter Bunny are real. If you believe that God created the universe, then it stands to reason that you should believe that Jesus (God) healed the deaf and blind, and had the ability to walk on water. So my concluding question is this: how can someone with even average or below average intelligence come to the conclusion that it is just as likely for a flat-out fictional happening to take place over a scientific anomaly?

PS: I have read most of the Bible.
Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote