Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:53 AM   #1635 (permalink)
DontRunMeOver
They call me Tundra Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebirth
I've studied up on Brendan McKay's work and the greatest flaws is that in Moby ****, sure you get your codes, but the chances of these aren't so unrealistic. We're talking 1/1000 (in corresponsidce to the Bible which is of roughly the same legnth).
How do they come up with those statistics?

I'd guess that the Bible Code/ELS have been looked for in the Bible many, many more times than they have been looked for in Moby ****, so it wouldn't be surprising that many more coded phrases have been found in the Bible. As for coding being blatently specific, my idea of such blatancy would be coding a whole sentence like "Bin Laden will organise a terrorist attack on the Twin Towers" into the bible as being very specific. My feeling would be that, had somebody wanted to encode something, they could have encoded the whole sentence together rather than putting in the occasional word here or there. What purpose would such vagueness serve?
DontRunMeOver is offline   Reply With Quote