Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2006, 09:59 AM   #1636 (permalink)
Rebirth
Account Disabled

Quote:
How do they come up with those statistics?
It's basically just probability matrices and permutations of letters.

Quote:
I'd guess that the Bible Code/ELS have been looked for in the Bible many, many more times than they have been looked for in Moby ****, so it wouldn't be surprising that many more coded phrases have been found in the Bible.
No this isn't true, Mckay had an entire research team on Moby ****, not as many people looking for codes in the bible, but the thing is, if you do a query on a historic event in the bible, and then in Moby D.ick, you would be almost certain that it would be in the Bible and not in Moby D.ick, or in both

Quote:
As for coding being blatently specific, my idea of such blatancy would be coding a whole sentence like "Bin Laden will organise a terrorist attack on the Twin Towers" into the bible as being very specific. My feeling would be that, had somebody wanted to encode something, they could have encoded the whole sentence together rather than putting in the occasional word here or there. What purpose would such vagueness serve?
But if there is a coder, there is the possibility that he doesn't want us to be 100% certain that they're real.
Rebirth is offline   Reply With Quote