Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2006, 07:15 PM   #1691 (permalink)
cardboard adolescent
;)

Atrocities have been commited by both sides for ages, and both sides have been wronged. However, Hezbollah (NOT HIZBOLLA GODDAM IT) is not a "terrorist organization" hellbent on destroying Israel - they are a resistance movement that was first created to try to remove Israeli troops illegally stationed in Southern Lebanon. In the current conflict, they were trying to negotiate the exchange of captured soldiers, which they have done in the past, except now their demands have been met with a full-out attack. I am in no way condoning the actions of Hezbollah, however, they are understandable. When a Israel has captured your friends and family and has been holding some of them since 1978 it is understandable to be desperate to get them back, and striking back to attempt a negotiation is, though not RIGHT, again, understandable. Israel, however, is to blame for escalating this conflict to the proportions where it is now, where hundreds of innocent people are dying on both sides.

I might write out more later but I have to go.
cardboard adolescent is offline   Reply With Quote