Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2006, 09:44 AM   #1708 (permalink)
riseagainstrocks
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Israel is fighting an offensive war, not a defensive one. They do not hate the Jewish people, they hate that the presence of Israel means that millions of Palestinians are being displaced, thousands are kept prisoner, Israel ignores country boundaries in it's opression of Palestine, Israel practically ignores Human Rights etc etc ...
Let's not forget who struck first. As I said before (and many of you seem to be missing this) Isreal has been fighting for its very survival as a country since his founding. Isreal was wrong (in international law) to occupy parts of Lebanon and Palestine. But what the hell were they supposed to do? Just wait till everyone living on the out edge of Isreal is killed by missle attacks?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
If Israel stopped acting like morons, there would be no need for conflict.
I think you mean if Isreal didn't exist the Arab world wouldn't feel the need to kill people simply based on their faith.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Crap, I was forgetting that EVERY LEBANESE PERSON IS A FUTURE SUICIDE BOMBER. We should kill them all, and the tourists who are there, to eliminate the threat. I mean seriously, those 400 lebanese civillian casualties? They weren't innocent. They come from the same country as Hezbullah, they're obviously guilty. They were practically WEARING the bomb jackets already as they fleed the terror as refugees, or sat in their apartments whilst we bomb it. I could see the terrorism in their eyes, from my plane.
You know that's not what I meant. I have already said that killing innocents it's not acceptable and when it does happen it is regretable. But you can't deny that the culure these children are brought up in is one that praises suicide bombers, compares them to saints. Pictures of these men are plastered all over the place, with platitudes and praises scrawled all over them. I am NOT saying kill them all to prevent the possibility, I'm simply throw out the fact that the odds that they will commit an act of terrorism is high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
For the record, I'm being disproportionate. Israel is dealing with Lebanon and Palestine the same way that the Nazis dealt with the Jews. Ghettoisation, disproportionate retribution and oppression.
Bull****. If anything it's the Palestinians and Lebanese who share Hitler's idealogy. Their clerics condemn the very fact that Isreal exists. They issue fatwa's and jihad's on the citizens of Isreal, THEY WISH TO COMMIT GENOCIDE. And disproportionate retribution? Maybe over the last few weeks. But you have to realize. Every time 1 Isreali dies it's the equivanlent of 45 Americans dying (the ratio is near there, maybe higher). It's a big deal. If 45 British citizens were killed by terrorist you'd want revenge as well correct? And it's not like Isreal is saying "Hey, let's bomb the hospital" They are legitimatly seeking targets, quite unlike the religious radicals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Excuse me? How is it hypocritical of me to tell Israel to not target civillian locations with shells and patriot missiles?
By not condeming the actions of the Terrorist groups (Hezbollah) that started this maybe?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Start a thread about it so that we can complain about the terrorists then. If you hadn't noticed this thread is about Israels actions against Lebanon, so specific acts of unrelated terrorist groups from the area understandable don't pop up much.
The start of the action was against the group Hezbollah, a state sponsered terrorist organization. They might have been freedom fighters at one point. But freedom fighters don't tend to lauch missles at civilian homes and croweded market places do they?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Ariel Sharon didn't complain about $15mil US tax dollars daily. If it weren't for the US, Israel would be bankrupt.
I can't comment on this because I did not know this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
This is, of course, after the man in the red shirt has lived a life that is controlled by Israelis. After his brother and mother were killed during an Israeli incursion, after his sister died in the Ambulance on Palestinian land because an illegally placed Israeli checkpoint wouldn't let it pass, so rather than a 5minute journey to hospital it had to take a 1hour journey. After his friend was stopped at a checkpoint and the Israeli troops there took him aside and broke his arm for no good reason other than the fact that IDF conscripts are racist. After he has to spend 4 hours waiting at an illegal checkpoint every morning on the way to work, and 4 hours on the way back. After the village where relatives lives has it's water supply cut off because it's being monopolised by an illegal Israeli village. The list goes on. You can't drive someone to suicide bomb purely out of racism and a belief that they'll go to heaven. They need to have lived life opressed. Suicide bombing is an act of desperation.
The man in the red shirt lives his life under control (if he does at all) is because his compatriots decided that rather than talk, they'd rather throw stones, or launch RPG's, or fire AK-47s or blow themselves up. I'm not saying Isreal has not committed crimes. I'm sure they have. And the international community had better look into them and deal with it as neccessary, but I will side with the Isreali's 99.9% of the time. Why? Because they DID NOT start these conflicts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fal
Ah yes, the whole "use your mobile meet a missile" approach. It kills more than just the occasional civillian. Not to mention the fact that Israel regularly sends armies to occupy cities and towns in the Gaza Strip and West Bank, imposing illegal curfews and turfing residents out their homes and places of work so that they can turn it into military establishments. Do the UK do the same in Northern Ireland?
Again, when your people (Isreal) are being blown up in a shopping mall, reaction is needed. These occupations are not pre-emptive or unsolicited. They are reactions to the racial hatred of their neighbors.