Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2006, 08:55 AM   #1828 (permalink)
MoonlitSunshine
Dat's Der Bunny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontRunMeOver
Israel said it regretted the incident - but added that civilians had been warned to flee the village.

I like that. "Hey, we want to bomb your village, so push off."

There are 2 problems with that statement. At least.

1) It's not their country, it's not their land.
2) By warning the civilians, they are warning any potential "terrorists" in the area, thus making the entire operation useless.

Any actual terrorist or activist against Israel couldn't possibly be stupid enough to stay in the area when he/she found out that they were going to bomb it.

Israel, from my point of view, just seem to be looking for excuses to use their military superiority to blast the crap out of every other country around them. And the only reason the other countries haven't just mobbed them is because the US supports them.

And you know what the worst thing is? Israel is on Palestine ground. They were given it, as a present from the World Powers. Did the palestinians get a say in this? I sincerely doubt it. and now they have to fight for what's left of their lands. Any one else see a problem here?

Oh and by the way, the news we get here is pretty much the same, minus the Tony Blair quotes.

- Arthur Dent
MoonlitSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote