Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #2341 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
Doctors take a hippocratic oath that says they cannot take a life and blah blah blah. This why when people who get the death penalty and have to die by lethal injection do not have a dcotor stick them with a needle. (however a doctor does supervise it)
In most states where abortion is legal, most doctors who have to perform an abortion usually don't do it or will tell the patient that it isn't a good idea to have an abortion when the fertilized egg is past the first trimeter.
After the first trimester the fertilized egg resemles human features. Like arms, legs and whatnot.
Ive already said numerous times that Im against the death penalty as well.

Quote:
You and I are human. we have human physical charcteristics and we are capable of conscious thought. A fetus is not capable of conscious thought. and if it is, it can't voice its opinion, can't protest to such a procedure.
Think about kids who are medically emancipated fromt heir parents. They are capable of conscious thought and recognize when their parents are neglecting their medical needs.
An unborn child can't do that.
well, would you say that its okay to kill a person in a coma b/c they have no brain activity, and can feel no pleasure or pain?

Quote:
Part of the reason abortion is legal in some sattes is because those states have developed new defintiions for what makes a human a human.
No, its b/c democrats are in control of those blue states.

Quote:
If sex is meant for procreation then what about oral sex. When guys have felations or when a girl has cunnilingus, the intent is not to procreate. Of this I am sure.

And if you're saying that sex should only be between people that want to procreate and since ***s can't procreate with their partner, then maybe we (or you) shouldn't think of the intimate acts between homosexuals as sex but rather a pleasurable activity.
thanx for explaining oral sex to us all and while it may be pleasurable, so might f**king a sheep, or a small child. not everything thats pleasurable is right or moral.

Quote:
I don't mind that most of your beliefs are in some way shaped by your religious values but come on now, religion is backwards sometimes.
it wasn't until about 2 decades ago that the Catholic Church (a religious institution) finally apologized for having Galileo killed because he said the Earth wasn't the center of the universe.
please refresh my memory what Galileo has to do with g@y marriage again? and im in no way a catholic, more pentocostal actually. and I dont understand why I should constantly have to defend my religious and common sensical moral beliefs to everyone.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote