Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2006, 09:31 PM   #2658 (permalink)
swim
dontcareaboutyou

Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
Of course not, but just b/c you disagree with a religion doesnt mean thats its just propaganda. it simply means that you have a different view point

Now can we just agree to disagree about everything and let it rest? Or shall we go on for another 10 pages? Your call.
Quote:
Originally Posted by oojay View Post
You posted it after mikey talked about being force fed religion, so it was natural to assume that you meant religious propaganda. My mistake. And I said that I did believe in propaganda, so Joseph Stalin doesnt really factor in here.

Well I don't know what you really meant but, you definitely said you didn't. Stalin does figure in because he used propaganda to make his country love him while he was an awful person. I was using an example to stress that propaganda is indeed real.

So ok, you acknowledge propoganda and believe in free will. If everyone tells you that jesus slaughtered babies and you never heard any other stories can you really choose whether you believe that or not? I mean it's all you've ever heard and it's the only thing you've ever heard.

Of course that's an absurb example but the thing is you can't decifer between truth and fiction sometimes. There might be individuals who "choose" not to believe but the majority will believe what they've always known to be true.