Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Religious/Political Debate Thread
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2006, 07:21 PM   #2794 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by riseagainstrocks View Post
I scanned through the later parts of this and have some observations.

The core of nihilism isn't a belief in nothing. It's the idea that existence is absurd and therefore doesn't matter. Stop being stupid.

Um wrong? Atheists do not recognize supernatural powers. THESE TERMS ARE ALL EASILY ACCESSIBLE IN A DICTIONARY.

Again, wrong. There are no definites. That is faith. Both can be right. Both can be wrong. The possibilities are infinite. Stop claiming to have know truth. Because you can't.

I'd pose the same question to you. You do realize that you just said (in essence) everyone goes to heaven. Just differs based on what they believe. YOU HAVE CONTRADICTED YOURSELF. Again.

Again. Not true. And another example of you contradicting yourself again. You really should write down all the stuff you "believe" in a notebook somewhere. It keeps things less confusing

And besides, by your definiton, God is at once, all loving and all hating. He made all people correct? So unless you don't consider homosexuals people, then he made them as well. Well, if he made someone designed to sin, then isn't that sadistic? The Christian God is a diety raised not to love, but to use as a fear-inspiring idol. The tenets of "love" and "charity" that are preached in your houses of worship, are not applied in everyday life.

And now for my opinions on the religion topic. I was until roughly 4 months ago, a "Christian". But I, much like most of my former brethren, didn't bother actually applying logic to my faith. I do believe, nay, know that there is a God. But he's a cold hearted ******* who uses man as play things.

There is no afterlife. It's an arbitrary system set up by people to scarred to face the truly unknown. They can't reconcile living and dying and that being the end of it.

Existentialism. Read and know.
Well for starters, I will answer your quote in the order you wrote it, as opposed to rifleing through 20 pages of discussion, randomly picking posts that make me feel stupid, and quoting them out of context (which seems to be the adolescent route that you have chosen).

When I said that the core of nihilism is "believing in nothing", if you would have read it in the correct context, it is easy to realize that "nothing" as refering to no religion, which true nihilist do not believe in any religion. Nihilism is the rejection of anything that requires faith, b/c faith is the belief in what cannot be known, and nihilist believe that nothing can be know for sure. So in leyman's terms, NIHILISTS DONT BELIEVE IN RELIGION. So quit being stupid.

Athiests do not recognize supernaturals. Most religions are based on supernatural forces, aka God, Satan, etc. And while you can be an athiest and believe in an afterlife, it would be quite the oddity. AND YOU NEED TO GET A NEW DICTIONARY.

And if 2 people have different viewpoints, they CANNOT both be right. If there is a blue clock on the wall, and I say its blue, and you say its red, we CANNOT both be right. You would be once again wrong. And Im not sure what you meant by "Stop claiming to have know truth"? I never said what I said was the end-all-be-all as far as religion goes, but people asked for my christian viewpoint, and I gave it. And there are infact definites. I am definitely right. You are definitely wrong.

And how did I say all people are going to heaven. If "good" people go to heaven and "bad" people go to hell, then how is that saying ALL people go to heaven? Hopefully you get some Hooked-On-Phonics for christmas b/c you obviously cant read. And maybe a dictionary too, so you can look up what CONTRADICTION means

And simply saying that what I said is not true by no means makes you right. It makes it your ignorant opinion. and I use the term "ignorant" not as an insult, but simply meaning that you have never been taught.

And yes, God made all people (according to my christian beliefs anyhow). He gave man free will. Mans free will was influenced by satan, thus creating sin, or homosexuality in the case you prefered to use. And God is a kind, gentle, meek, and loving God, but also meant to inspire fear as well (hence the term "fear of god"). And just b/c the ideals and beliefs that are preached in church are not carried out into the rest of life, that does not mean its gods fault. If a football team gets a lecture from a coach, and then goes out on the field and does something completely different, is that the coach's fault? no, of course not. this is no difference.

And its hilarious that you can sit there, saying that youve been a christian for the majority of your life, and talk like you do. Im interested to know what branch of "christianity" you were affiliated with, if these are your ideals. Was it taught by a Pastor David Karesh by chance?

There IS an afterlife. Its either heaven or hell. deal with it. Its not used by poeple who are "scarred to face the unknown", it is just how it works, it is incentive to live a good life, so get used to it, b/c you cant change it.

Common sense. Read and Know.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote