Music Banter - View Single Post - Arcade Fire
Thread: Arcade Fire
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2004, 02:29 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sweet Jane
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
Right so i`ll probably get flamed to hell for this because it seems if you don`t agree with popular opinion you`re 'arrogant' or 'elitist' but what the hell i`m past the point of caring what people think.

Seriously i`ve seen so many normal rightminded people go nuts about this album declaring it the best thing ever , people who`s opinions & tastes I normally hold dear , wetting themselves over it like R Kelly at a primary school.

Yet it`s one of the dullest things i`ve ever heard, there are already a million bands that sound like this lot , what are they doing to deserve such praise?
Seriously every song to me just sounds like a monotonous drone.The thing just has no life in it.Easily the most over rated album i`ve heard since the first Interpol album.
I'm possibly going to get flamed for agreeing with this, but this is exactly my experience of this lot to a tee. The most resepcted of friends musical-taste-wise, who have introduced me to the most beautiful and wonderful bands, have claimed this the best album to come out this year. I just don't see how/where/when/why.... maybe I'll listen to it again...

The most overrated thing since interpol in general, imo.
Sweet Jane is offline   Reply With Quote