Music Banter - View Single Post - 18 Rock Bands That Should be Erased from Rock History
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 04:24 PM   #61 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by either/or View Post
man bono really really really really sucks. coldplay and u2 are stadium music for overweight women. you like soppy music. radiohead made "art" albums because they didnt want to be like all the boring bands you like mr. party. besides shouldnt we be looking at the music we do like instead of trashing all the ones we dont? it seems like you spend more time fuming about what bands you hate than listening to the ones you like.
I don't know if your referring just to crowquill or the collective you, but if you are referring to the collective you here is my answer to your question.

I believe a good number of people on this site spend a fair amount of time listening to music that they like. All of this time spend listening to music turns them into music elitists, so they often find most people's music choices pathetic/weak, hence the fuming. And in most of the the music threads you do see intelligent, very musically informed conversations take place on occasion, but most of the time it gets buried beneath the countless dismal newbie posts and uninformed music posts. But then again, I know only 2 or 3 people who are competent in music, so I guess I shouldn't expect everyone on this site to be fully competent in the majority of genres of music.

There should be an answer to your question in that small rant.