Music Banter - View Single Post - Your 4 Favorite Albums By Legendary Bands.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 04:25 PM   #36 (permalink)
Crowe
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I really like how even though i've been pretty opinionated on my dislike of the majority of classic rock and classic albums for well over a year. I'm all the sudden being 'trendy' for doing it when originally I was just being an 'idiot'.
no no no no no - i wasn't talking about YOU directly crowquill. I may have referenced what you said because people can look at it in this thread - but I never mentioned you by name simply because I realize that you have a general dislike for it and are not doing it to stand out - and if I did mention you by name and I forgot - I apologize.

I do however think that you mods need to realize your status on these boards is more than simply one who deletes are locks posts. When you start railing on someone's love for something (in this case classic rock) - that is sets a tone for the rest of the conversation and that person's stay here on mb. I mean - if the mods start drilling someone for trying to talk about their favorite music... calling their tastes lame and whatnot? That's not legit, man.

And again not liking classic music is one thing - it's personal taste and everyone is entitled to that. But some people like that kind of stuff, and not only some but a TON of people like it- that's how these albums became classic in the first place. But I'm not going to repeat everything I said in my last post.

I just think that -everyone- on the board should be aware of how we treat each other. We're here for the same purpose. And Moderators have an extra responsibility of representing the site. Not trying to tell you guys how to do your jobs - just letting you know how your opinions affect people.

And again I'm not trying to be a jackass - just trying to stick up for people who maybe haven't been around for that long.

I love you guys still