Music Banter - View Single Post - Your 4 Favorite Albums By Legendary Bands.
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2007, 09:05 PM   #45 (permalink)
Merkaba
Whitewater!

I'm the opposite, I really can't see why ACDC take such a bad rap. Other than many people loving them and sometimes being overly vocal about them, whats there really to not like? They have their boring moments I guess, I mean I didn't think much of Stiff Upper Lip, but then the entire BIB album is golden.

I just find a lot of their stuff to be feel-good music. There is no shortage of clever riffs and the band work is complementary of them. I don't listen to ACDC and go "woo me with your superior skills" or "lets see if you can make me give a shit about the lyrics". I don't think ACDC were musicians to be broken down and understood. All ACDC did was make rock songs, and as far as I know, they're "classic" because they consistently made rock songs better than anyone else.

In saying that, I can understand if someone hates the vocals. I hated James Hetfield for a long time for that reason, and his vocals aren't nearly as obtrusive as Brians.