Music Banter - View Single Post - What Concerts Are You Going To In The Next Few Months
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2007, 06:49 PM   #712 (permalink)
GravitySlips
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips View Post
I'm seeing The Black Lips tonight, and then Faust next Friday.

Wooo!
Black Lips - I liked them a lot, they were very energetic, entertaining and also very drunk. Mostly it was songs from Let It Be, which is my favourite album by em. Unfortunately, the crowd was crap and weren't getting into it, which kind of ruined it for me. 7/10

Faust - They were mindblowing. It was at a very small venue, and was one of the most openly experimental gigs I've been to, with lots of weird objects used to influence the sound. During one song the drummer and the main vocalist got these pneumatic (sp?) drills from nowhere, and created this really fukced up sound by grating the drill along bits of metal, sending sparks flying through the crowd, while the guitarists slashed away in the background. Vacuum cleaners, screwdrivers, weird eastern looking instruments, and all kinds of weird tape loops were all also used. Truly an incredible experience, but they saved the best for last. Their deranged frontman marched into the crowd, asking for a lighter which a girl next to me gave him. He then lit this litttle bowl thing at the front of the stage, which went on fire. The smoke seemed to rise straight up to the ceiling, then it spread out engulfing the whole room. As this was happening, the song got noisier and noisier, faster and faster, and the last 5 minutes were basically some absolutely mindblowing free-form chaos with the band and audience barely visible through the weird smelling fog. It was like a mythical experience, and one of the best gigs I've ever been at. 10/10

Advice - go out of your way to see Faust live, you won't regret it.
GravitySlips is offline   Reply With Quote