Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Albums that changed Music for you
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 08:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Assuming that what the title means is 5 albums that have play a big role in your life and how you look at music.

1. Are You Experienced?

I've said it many times too many, but this is a very important album to me. The only other albums I had until this one was an Offspring cd, some Spice Girls casettes and a few of those Now compliations. My dad gave it to me on my 13th birthday. This was the album that truly got me into music.

2. Dark Side of the Moon

Would I be music banters reigning annoying prog fan if it weren't for this album? I think not. I used to listen to this album at least once a day, which comes to show just how obsessed I was with it. It really struck a chord with me.

3. Nevermind

This represents my teen angst years, from which I have never fully recovered even at my age. People can diss Nirvana just like they always have, mention a whole bunch of crappy hardcore bands and say "this is who they ripped off, they're so much better". But none of these bands meant sh*t to me like Nirvana have. They were a pivotal band for me.

4. Ready to Die

I'm not really the type to get all emotional about music, but this album is an exception. I really loved how an album could play out a whole story. Its like a movie plot. And a good one.

5. Sgt Peppers

Obviously at this point I'm gonna get a lot of slack for not including anything remotely obscure. What can I say? I'm a genuine classic rock elitist.

Honorable mentions:

The Best of Led Zeppelin

I never owned it, but I borrowed it from my brother, well actually just the second cd with all the stuff from HOTH and onwards. But goddamn if that wasn't all it took to get me hooked on Zep for life.

Morning View

I don't know why, and you're all gonna mock me because its Incubus. But at a confused period in my life, this album just kinda connected with me. It still does actually.

Close to the Edge

DSOTM got me interested in prog, but this is the one that really got me into it. Wakemans mellotron is the soundtrack to my dreams.

Yeah that was ghey. But its true.

Appetite for Destruction

I knew every song years before I actually bought the damn thing. My stepdad played it all the time when I was little. All the sex and drug references even as unsubtle as they were flew over my head in those days, lol.

Essentially the first 5 CCR albums.

The earliest music I remember ever hearing that I liked was CCR, they go all the way back to my childhood. Grandmas favorite band.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 08-02-2007 at 07:11 PM.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote