Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Albums that changed Music for you
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Alright you guys may laugh at some of the albums on here. I do not like all of the albums, but they did have an impact on me nonetheless.

As I Lay Dying - Shadows are Security

Okay I that this album, but it was the first non mainstream album/band I got into, which helped me realize that I should look beyond the radio for music.

In Flames - Colony

This album isn't that good either, but it taught me that death metal wasn't for satanist and that it didn't talk about death all the time, which made me get into death metal. From there I didn't really care what they talked about because I was all about the music.

Opeth - Blackwater Park

This album pretty much made my opinion on music. I believe that all music should always be original or technical to a high level. Without this album I would never be thinking that way. Also the song The Drapery Falls inspired me to practice guitar a lot more. The beginning riff in that song sends chills down my spine.

Agalloch - The Mantle

This album has the first song I chose to learn on the guitar, which since it was my first I picked "A Desolation Song."

Okay, the next one has nothing to do with how it changed my music life, but my social life (I guess you could say that...)

Dax Johnson - The Random and The Purpose
Without the song Zavior Dax: Part 1 I would have never had the courage to go up to this one girl and tell her I liked her (she is two years older than me and she is my friend's sister.)

And I am going to upload that album right now because of that:

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

You should all look at this album, it is a masterpiece.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote