Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Albums that changed Music for you
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 02:37 PM   #18 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

The Beatles-the Blue/Red albums-I first remember these from about the age of five. My father was (and is still) playing them, and introduced me to music per se.

Iron Maiden-Live After Death. In 1986 my parents split up and my a friend at school lent me the cassette version of this, and it introduced me to music as a way of life, belonging and expression. (Incidentally the friend became my best mate and we are still best friends 21 years later even though we live 70 miles apart)

The Exploited-Totally Exploited-It showed me that there was other heavy guitar music other than metal, that could be heavy, full of rage and anxiety. This lead onto punk, hardcore punk and alternative.

Massive Attack-Mezzanine-I always considered myself to be open minded, but I realised you can never be truly open minded, and when I first heard this, it blew me away (and still does). It lead me into the world of electronica, trip hop, dance etc.

Only four-nothing has truly changed my musical tastes since 1999, but I am forever expanding and enjoying new genres and bands.

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote