Music Banter - View Single Post - Five Albums that changed Music for you
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 10:04 PM   #20 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

minutemen-double nickels on the dimeafter listening to a lot of 80's American punk rock, it all started to sound blurry and more or less the same. But this was never really true with me for these guys, which is why this beefy album is one of my faves.

pavement-slanted enchanted
my favorite pavement album, just really dig it and im having a hard time wording why exactly that is at the moment

Public Enemy-Apocalypse 91...The Enemy Strikes Black never really got into "nation of millions" which is unfortunate because it delayed me checking out Public Enemy again for a long time. But this album showed me why. Chuck D is one, of not the best lyricists in rap. "by the time i get to Arizona" is my favorite rap song off all time.

Talking Heads-77
this album was the first to actually convince me my dad's taste in music wasn't stale and useless. David Byrne is a pimp.

Aesop Rock-"Labor Days"

first artist i truly constantly had to look up lyrics for over and over. One of my favorite rap artists. I still hardly have a clue what any of his songs mean, or even if they have a meaning.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote