Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Iraq War thread
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 PM   #120 (permalink)
Alexander the Grape
Un****withable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHDTV View Post
I'd say North Korea loses to the U.N. in a nuclear war. You're crazy if you think otherwise.
Everyone loses in a nuclear war.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 View Post
We have a larger nuclear arsenal. Unless North Korea has weapons with range long enough to hit DC, we would win.
No one wins in a nuclear war.

If North Korea knew they were about to get wasted, they would launch their nukes at whoever they could (I don't think they're on friendly terms with Japan), starting a chain reaction that would turn the earth into one giant parking lot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voice_of_the_Soul12,13,01 View Post
Would lives be lost? Most definitely, but such is the price of war.
But it would be a pointless war. I don't think North Korea would start a war unprovoked, so we don't need to "neutralize" them. I'm pretty sure Kim Jong Il likes America a lot more than he lets on. I see North Korea becoming like China (they hated America and capitalism, now they're our second largest source of imports and they themselves are very capitalist).

To keep this on topic, everything I said above could be put into the context of Iraq for justification fof why we shouldn't have invaded. Obviously they didn't have nuclear weapons, but they wouldn't have used any military force against us (also because Saddam most likely would have realized he was no match for our military).