Music Banter - View Single Post - Californication, Red Hot Chili Peppers, 1999 Warner Brothers
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 09:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
MHDTV
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Its one of their most mediocre songs. Theres no vocal variation its far from his best vocal performance. And good lyrics? "Young kentucky girl in a push-up bra / Fallin all over myself / To lick your heart and taste your health cause / With the birds Ill share this lonely view" that sounds like bad teenage poetry.

Flea and Smith are completely average on this song, as is Kiedis, except for his lyrics which blow, though to be fair hes not one of the best songwriters in the world. The only part i'll give you is Frusciante being good on this, but I wouldn't expect him to be bad since hes the most talented member of RHCP.
In songwriting and musicianship, certainly, but pure msuicianship? No way. You seem a big fan of teenage angst poetry Crow. Anyway, I might be getting a litle ahead myself with 'great lyrics' but their hardly the worst in the world. I fail to see how the vocal is so bad. It's certainly better than Otherside.

Finally, a signature that's chewy not chalky!

Let's agree to disagree.