Music Banter - View Single Post - Californication, Red Hot Chili Peppers, 1999 Warner Brothers
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2007, 09:55 PM   #16 (permalink)
boo boo
Dr. Prunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
Scar Tissue a 10 star song? uhh...
Why not? It's one of my favorites off the album.

Quote:
Its one of their most mediocre songs. Theres no vocal variation its far from his best vocal performance. And good lyrics? "Young kentucky girl in a push-up bra / Fallin all over myself / To lick your heart and taste your health cause / With the birds Ill share this lonely view" that sounds like bad teenage poetry.

Flea and Smith are completely average on this song, as is Kiedis, except for his lyrics which blow, though to be fair hes not one of the best songwriters in the world. The only part i'll give you is Frusciante being good on this, but I wouldn't expect him to be bad since hes the most talented member of RHCP.
I don't really like bands for their lyrics anyway. But if you're gonna rant about "bad teenage poetry" aim for something more deserving, like Emo.

I like Keidis's vocals, particularly on this album, though he's by no means a technical great.

I also don't think Fleas bass playing on Callifornicaton is average at all, just because he's not doing his usual slapping and popping, his abillity for strong melodic lines is especially notable on Callifornication.

I also think Flea is the most talented in the band, though Frusciante shines most on this particular album.

http://www.last.fm/user/kingboobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummer521
Quote:
I only listen to Santana when I feel like being annoyed.
I only listen to you talk when I want to hear Emo performed acapella.

Last edited by boo boo; 08-04-2007 at 10:06 PM.