Music Banter - View Single Post - Rilo Kiley "Under the Blacklight"
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 04:24 PM   #12 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
You were gonna argue what? Mika made a good pop album, it's not my fault that you have an inherent teenage dislike of anything mainstream. It's hella gangster of you.
I listen to Avril, Vitamin C, and Maroon 5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
I'd say this one is one of the better pop albums of the year. Ranks right up there with Feist's The Reminder.
Feist is icky, and this album is terrible. It holds a watered down and overproduced sound that even Hilary Duff could admire. Lyrically its disgrace I find it hard to believe the same woman who wrote "But it's a jungle when war is made / and you'll panic and throw your own shit at the enemy / The camera pulls back to reveal your true identity / Look, it's a sheep in wolf's clothing / A smoking gun holding ape." Could write such crap like "I was your silver lining high up on my toes / while you were running through fields of hitchhikers, / as the story goes / hooray, hooray, i'm your silver lining / hooray, hooray, but now i'm gold." Musically its okay, but the entire album stays too rooted in bland overproduced pop to be very interesting, and it goes all over the place but not with enough subtly to avoid sounding like a poorly assembled mixed tape made by a preteen who thinks High School Music is the greatest soundtrack ever.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote