Music Banter - View Single Post - Rilo Kiley "Under the Blacklight"
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 02:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowquill View Post
I disagree, lets look at the Beatles, or the Smiths They're better than the all the pop artists that fall under the safe overproduced category, and why? Because they didn't take the easy way, lets look at the Smiths they could've had amazing production and a high polished debut but did they? No, they went with an indie label and sub-par production why did they do that? To have complete control over their music.
The Beatles were as well produced as bands got in those days. And the Smiths are a cult indie rock band, and as far removed from pop, especially the mainstream version, as a band can be. I don't know why you assume RK didn't have "complete" control over their music. You think this isn't actually the final product they wanted to put out? Maybe this is actually the sound they've been searching for all these years. And I bet it goes on to become their most successful album. It's certainly the best they've ever made.

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote