Music Banter - View Single Post - Rilo Kiley "Under the Blacklight"
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 03:09 PM   #23 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Really? You're comparing The Smiths and Rilo Kiley? Lol. Granted, I never really understood what all the fuss was about with The Smiths, but let's assume RK was never going to achieve the cult status or the impact The Smiths had.
You know I wasn't comparing them to the Smiths in the cult status/impact sense. I was comparing them in the fact they're both pop bands and using the Smiths as an example of a pop band who didn't do what would well, but did what they want.

Quote:
What are you so pissed about anyway, that they decided to make their sound more mainstream, or that they changed their sound at all? Is the artist's mission now to please the fan instead of making what they want to make? The only reason why you're so offended with UTB is because you can't stand mainstream pop music (and don't try to sell me that Avril bullshit). That doesn't make you the best judge of the genre. Try looking at this album by its own merits, not with regards to what you think they should've made. I dare say it might make you change your mind.
Well, see when a fan likes a band, and then that band goes and releases a shit album the fan isn't going to be doing cartwheels now are they?

Quote:
Again with disrespecting a perfectly legitimate genre. If you don't dig it, don't diss it. I hate to sound like a broken record but I don't go around dissing death metal.
Didn't you make a thread on why you hate Metallica/Iron Maiden? And pop today is a completely superficial genre, so you know theres a difference between hating that and death metal.

Quote:
P.s. Get rich or die trying is a very good album.>.>
And no its not and thats a fact, not an opinion. Theres plenty of better rap. Hell theres even plenty of better mainstream rap and thats a genre wheres there's next to none that are good.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote