Music Banter - View Single Post - Election 2004
Thread: Election 2004
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2004, 07:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
IamAlejo
Muck Fusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xarius
no, we canmt be 100% sure they had none, but you can't be 100% sure they did. The difference is that if the US acts on what you are unsure of (which they did), then innocent people die for sure. If they act on what im unsure of, they dont. Simple as that.

and Interactive, about the UN being idiots and not belonging in Iraq...that is quite possibly the statement I disagree most with in this thread...Bush had no right to go into Iraq, and did so against the UN's (aka the rest of the world's) wishes. Basically, he gave them the finger and said "I dont give a **** what you all think, because im the prez of the US of A and Im gonna do whatever the **** I want." he decided that he knew better than everybody else in the world.

Then Bush attacked, killed a lot of innocents, and possibly ****ed up the country more than it was before....granted, he is making some small progress, but he declared the war over 7 or 8 months ago.

When the UN (remember: the rest of the world) then said ok, well, you did this anyway when we gave you no permision *hint* illegal war *hint*, we are going to help the Iraqi citizens build their nation into a real nation, Bush told them to **** off basically again. he decided that once again, he knew better than the rest of the world and needed no help. This country was gonna be rebuilt the american way.

Basically, you can see I am/was very anti-Iraq war. I think Bush is an arrogant prick, and am extremely proud of my country for taking the stance it did.
Basically your country has no army and has depended on the US for protection for years. As I have said before, the Salvation Army could go in and take over Canada. Illegal War? LMFAO, the US Congress voted to go to war. We don't need permission from anyone if we want to do something. The UNITED STATES went into Iraq and had some of their own soldiers killed while the whole world sat back and watched. As soon as we found Sadaam all the other countries decided to join in the rebuilding process. We said "**** that" cause you didn't help in the first place. BUSH didn't kill anybody. Say the US if you want to, cause the US went to war. CONGRESS voted to go to war. If you knew ANYTHING about United States politics you would know the President can only move troops for 60 days on his own terms and then they would have to pull back without a Congress vote. We asked for UN help in the situation. With Iraq funding terrorism and terrorism being a big thing in the US we needed to go in and take out Iraqi funds (all coming from Sadaam Hussein and his supporters). And judging by your first statement of "You aren't 100% sure. Put it this way, a country might have the weapons of power in order to hit your country. Would you sit back and wait for them to attack? And if you say yes, well then you are a ****ing idiot. All you people know NOTHING about the feelings of soldiers and the families. I go to school with kids whose parents are in the military (More than 3/4 my school is military families). Those kids are DAMN proud to see their parents out their fighting for what we feel is right. So if you got a problem with it, then **** off.