Music Banter - View Single Post - Nickelback-All The Right Reasons
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 01:18 PM   #38 (permalink)
Dr_Rez
Registered Jimmy Rustler

I personally like Nickelback alot. Mainly because of Curb and Silver Side up, and the state. Yes they have changed, but i think thats because of the position there in. They are now a big mainstream rock band, and there songs reflect that. They are talking about dealing with the ridiculous amount of fame they get. For example the songs rockstar, next contestant.

Rockstar
I'm gonna dress my ass
With the latest fashion
Get a front door key to the Playboy mansion
[Rockstar lyrics on http://www.metrolyrics.com]

Gonna date a centerfold that loves to
Blow my money for me
(So how you gonna do it?)

I'm gonna trade this life
For fortune and fame
I'd even cut my hair
And change my name

-This is just about how people in there position are offered this, and alot take it.

_-----------------

For those that say they have sold out i think that is completely wrong. There music style changes like any other band progressing in the music industry. There songs are about things that apply to them now that threre one of the biggest names in music...can u blame them for it?

And for those who say all there songs sound the same, thats just because you obviously havnt listened to them much. With the exception of (The long road, which was not there best album) there songs are VERY different. Take the song animals and compare it to savin me. completely different. The songs they have are no more similar than most other bands. ANothing from Silver side Up sounds like the same song twice, and certanly nothing from the State.

I think people jump on the bandwagon of making fun of nickelback for this, and dont listen to them with an open mind. Although if you actually dont like them, thats up to you.
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*