Music Banter - View Single Post - Radiohead In Rainbows Discussion
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #158 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
STILL completely disagree with you, all 3 songs you cite as mediocre are in my opinion great, Planet Telex is such a strong opening track which is aggressive whilst mellifluent, its such a robust song. The bends is indie rock at its best with really powerful lyrics. Bones is a masterfully crafted pop song with a great quiet-loud dynamic. I dont there are any duff songs on it, each one is brilliant in its own way. It isnt groundbreaking or revolutionary in any way (which is probably why its only my fourth favourite), but for what it is, its the best in its field by a mile.
Um, okay you really didn't explain why they weren't mediocre you just talked about why you loved them. The Bends, as you said was just plain indie rock Bones is too. You could find other bands do the same thing, therefore average, generic, mediocre. Planet Telex is just dull and doesn't go anywhere, minus the 13 seconds of silence in the beginning you seriously have the entire song figured out in 30 seconds. Its predictable and repetitive and doesn't go anywhere.

I should state though that I don't hate the Bends, I just don't think its special with the exception of Street Spirit. High and Dry will always hold a special place in my heart since it was the first Radiohead song I heard and the only one I really liked for awhile. In addition to that the acoustic driven tracks were what got me into OK Computer.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote