Music Banter - View Single Post - Photos you've taken of live bands
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #16 (permalink)
chickendude
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimintheundertow View Post
I wish, I live Wilson [I'm tomorrows hunger on the unobit boards]. Really Really Free Markets are fun. They expanded to Wilmington, Charlotte and Greensboro too. Ever been to ACRe Space? It's in Raleigh, like 10-15 blocks behind Hillsborough Street. They have nice little acoustic house shows, food not bombs and some high school kid's distro. It's also nice if you ever need to bum a place to sleep. Being right off of I-95 and in a Train and Bus Station town I can offer if ever needed as well.

And DIY Fest had free vegan cookies -I had a couple of dozen.
I ride through Wilson coming from Richmond through Rocky Mount south towards Jacksonville, FL. It always makes me smile looking over and riding beside Railroad St I've never actually gotten off there, so I don't know if that is a downtown area or not, but that street always makes me smile

And as for Raleigh, i actually spent a night there on two occasions, once after hitchhiking there after trying to catch to Raleigh from Hamlet and getting chased out by the bull (there's a daily train that leaves out of Hamlet and i didn't feel like waiting another day). Walked around Raleigh, raided the Wholefoods like you wouldn't believe, went back and caught a train that ended up hitting a switch and going right back to Hamlet! Ugh. Hopped off, slept on top of Wendy's, and hitched a ride straight to Chapel Hill in time for the Really Really Free Market

The other time i was in Raleigh was when i was trying to catch out to Greensboro to catch the daily WBD to Chicago and it was with my travel partner and my other partner Porter and we were all just hanging out in a beautiful little jungle we made by the tracks, started talking to the female-bodied person whose house was nearest the tracks by us, they ended up giving us a bunch of "food", much of which we had been planning on giving back as we all don't poison ourselves with animal products. As we were writing a thank you note, they must have called the police as sure enough there they were. There was nothing for them to hold us on and it was complete **** but they ended up taking Porter (as zie's not yet 18, as though that makes any difference in anything. Ugh, ageism, sexism, transphobia, gender roles The entire time the ****heads were talking about how zie needed to be careful traveling with us (and they kept getting Porter's pronoun wrong) and that zie was going to get raped and molested as a female bodied person always does and that they can't defend themself and whatnot) which upset me incredibly and i went off on the ****heads and the female-bodied person who called us in and, yea. If you are ever in Raleigh again (this was maybe two months ago?) you'll probably find a lot of **** COPS and COPS ARE ****HEADS scrawled all over town in beautiful large, black ink.

Sorry for going on and on, i'm just reliving a lot of really intense memories... I like Raleigh a lot as a town, just never really had good experiences getting out of there.

Here is where the female-bodied person befriended and betrayed us all within a few hours!

Here is where the ****heads harassed us.

And many great bands have come out of Michigan. Constatine Sankathi, Cap'n Jazz, Jihad, Bev.Clone, Ordination of Aaron (I think?), Wallside, etc.
chickendude is offline   Reply With Quote