Music Banter - View Single Post - How much has your music taste changed over the years?
View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 12:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Wayfarer
Registered Abuser

Around the ages of...10-12 or so, I was mostly listening to nu-metal kind of shit (Kid Rock, Limp Bizkit, Linkin Park, Slipknot, etc.), then one night, I saw my dad's Ozzy Osbourne Live At Budokan DVD, and I became obsessed with Ozzy/Black Sabbath. That lead into thrash metal and whatnot (Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer, etc.), around when I was 14-15. Then, with the aid of some excessive pot smoking, I began to realize that everything I listened to sounded almost identical. I branched out into more diverse metal subgenres (stoner metal, alternative metal), and soon that lead into a bit of an obsession with "grunge". Then, one night, at the age of 16, I took a bunch of mushrooms and listened to this mixtape of psychedelic rock bands (Hendrix, The Beatles, etc.), and my mind's been pretty open ever since, lol. Between that night and this afternoon, I've begun listening to...well, at least a little bit of everything, really. Been heavily into '50s/'60s jazz as of late.