Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite Alternative Songs
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 07:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
You still missed the point of my post with your logic that you were using.

I guess it was a bad example but still......
Yeah I guess I did because what you said didn't make much sense. I'm assuming it didn't be cause you don't know what indie is. Anyway, we were talking about alternative, not indie.

Quote:
you are saying that if anyone in their current genre all of a sudden has a hit album that tops the billboard charts they no longer belong in that genre because they are pop now.....that doesn't make sense to me.
Pop as a genre is different now and has grown to mean different things, but in essence it still means popular. So yes, if you're all over the music magazines and MTV, you're popular.

Quote:
A band/artist making one album that is more commercially successful doesn't mean they won't go back to their roots in future albums.
Okay, if they left their roots to become commercial I wouldn't be calling them alternative anymore and if they had to leave their roots to become popular then that means their roots weren't working in the first place. So if they went back to it it probably still wouldn't work and they wouldn't be popular anymore.