Music Banter - View Single Post - What is the best emo band??(HONEST OPINIONS!!!)
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 01:34 PM   #126 (permalink)
bardonodude
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by awaywego! View Post
Not really irony. My bands aren't Fall Out Boy and My Chemical Romance. They're the ones on the music channels. I've never seen any video from my bands on MuchMusic or MTV, have you? Oh and even if you had no clue what emo was, but had proper grammar, people wouldn't be making fun of her because she sounds stupid, at least she'd be able to form a complete sentence. I know alot of people who don't know what "real" emo is, but I don't make fun of them because they know how to spell, I'd just explain what it is if asked, not bitch at them and calling them retarded.
I think xcult_classicx was saying "oh the irony" because even though you know that Fall out Boy and MCR arent emo, you still have a shallower interpretation of what real emo is it seems. Most of the bands that you listed are still on major/major indie labels. Thursday has emo roots and are damn good but don't really reflect the true spirit of emo. A lot of people think just because someone sings in a high winey voice over clean guitar picking means that a band is emo. look at the education thread for more info.