Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool - 10,000 Days
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 08:54 AM   #65 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
To say Right In Two is filler, shows that you've got absolutely no clue.
It's perhaps the most meaningful song on the cd, save Vicarious.
The lyrics speak for themselves.

"Angels on the sideline,
Baffled and confused
Father blessed them all with reason
And this is what they choose
Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground

Silly monkeys give them thumbs,
They forge a blade, and where there's one
They're bound to divide it,
Right in two"

"Monkey killing monkey killing monkey
Over pieces of the ground
Silly monkeys give them thumbs
They make a club and beat their brother down
How they survive so misguided is a mystery"

Seriously, you call this filler?
To say this song is deep, would be an understatement.
lmao. Deep? Those lyrics are among the most simplistic drivel I heard on any album in 2006! Go read a book or something.

Quote:
You'd think such a big fan of such a philosophical band would have the slightest notion of what subjectivity is.

Christ, pompousness seems to be scattering like ****in' V.D. as of late. And what a time for it! Here I was, thinking the 'holiday season' was all about spreading love as opposed to self-love. Well, if self-love's all you got, how's about you spread your legs and go **** yourself?
Woah! Chill! I was making a simple point that hopefully would lead to some discussion: namely, that the album was borne out of a lack of ideas; that it was, perhaps, what Tool HAD to do rather than what they might have LIKED to do.

Toolheads in general, I'm not tryna wind y'all up. Just think this is a discussion-worthy topic, is all. Most of the more even-minded Tool fans have already admitted that 10,000 Days was not quite (and pretty far off) the epic masterpiece that was hoped for a full five years on from Lateralus. That's not to say it was a piece of garbage, no, it was not that at all. But to me, it rung of a tired band all but totally dried up, who ought to be trying something else besides attempting to reduplicate their earlier successes.
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote