Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool - 10,000 Days
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 07:12 PM   #69 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
I knew you'd post something in response to that, Ethan. My question is, since you've obviously had some kind of inner dislike for me over the past few days, (since I commented right-track about you and others bashing forum members), when are you going to take your head out of your arse?
I believe I made a perfectly valid point on the lyrics and music, one which you didn't even bother to reply to. But thank you for being so mature as to not get personal with this.

Quote:
However, if you'd like to argue out the topic for the sake of talking music, be my guest.
That's kind of what I'm doing, hence why I replied talking about the song.

Quote:
I do find it ironic that I said to myself, "Ethan will probably make a comment on my last post", and you actually doing it 10 minutes later....
And finally, how is that irony?

Back to the subject on hand...The lyrics are banal, comparing man to monkey is extremely cliche. Maynard isn't a good lyricist, Tool fanboys go on and on about how he's amazing but he's really not, he's completely average, that song is no exception. I can think of several songs about war that are way better written then that. Your Revolution is a Joke is a fairly recent one by a mediocre band (Funeral for a Friend) and even THEY do better.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote