Music Banter - View Single Post - Tool - 10,000 Days
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2007, 07:39 PM   #74 (permalink)
Ace
Ad Astra

As appalling as it may seem to you, all lyrics aren't going to be 5 page long sonnets or worthy of Shakespeare. But I do respect your opinion on the work, yet I stand by my point that your first post saying "filler is filler", held absolutely no productive criticism. And you can't deny that you don't advertise your apparent dislike for certain bands. (like right now).
That is human and normal, but as I said before, there is no reason to post on a band you do not like and call some of their work filler, without atleast explaining why you feel that way. Something you did not do in your first post, making it seem like you think the band is inferior because it's not your cup of tea. Your top 20 was a metaphor, which I'm sure you could figure out, and I'm sure it got my point across. And if you'd prefer to be known as consistant in noticeably thinking bands you don't like = crapola, that's your choice. Personally, arguing with anyone who doesn't like a band that I like, as long as the argument has valid points on both ends, is an enjoyable experience.

EDIT: Since you aren't talking about Tool, Fal, why are you even posting? Just wondering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I think I know much better than you ever will how Mettalica is. I used to play for 2 years in a Mettalica cover band.

Ace is offline   Reply With Quote