Music Banter - View Single Post - Patrick Wolf
Thread: Patrick Wolf
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 07:44 PM   #104 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
Not yet i'm still working my way through a sh*tload of stuff.
When you get around to it I suggest listening to Lycanthropy first I think you'd like it more. At times its really upbeat electronica and other times mellow folk similar to Vashti Bunyan, Linda Perhacs or Nick Drake at times. It's kind of hard to sum up the album because he didn't want to be pigeon-holed so he did tons of different things most people call it folktronica which I guess is accurate but sometimes its just folk, other times electronic, other times I have no idea. Wind in the Wires is kind of like Augustine from the Magic Position for the most part, it has it's upbeat moments like Tristan (which is one of the best songs on the album) and it starts off with The Libertine which kind of a black sheep but overall I'd consider it an alt-folk album I think, the majority of the tracks are like that anyway though not in a repetitive way. So depending on whichever sounds more pleasing to you I'd go for that one.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote