Music Banter - View Single Post - And the best rap album of 2007...
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 03:21 PM   #19 (permalink)
djchameleon
A.B.N.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
lupe fiasco, aesop rock, jay-z. Kanye was okay, i think it was highly overrated, or maybe im just not able to listen to him easily because im constantly aware of how big a douche he is :-/

im not trying to be a negative nancy, hell, im more then open to suggestions
I guess to each their own but I don't understand how you can downplay The Cool and American Gangster.

I'm not a big fan of aesop rock so I can't speak for them but as far as lupe fiasco and jay-z go. I think they made improvements on their last albums , especially The Cool.

I thought you were into socially conscious hip hop and all that.
The Cool tackles immigration, obesity in america brought on by the fast food industry, the lives of middle eastern kids that are trained from a young age to become soldiers. There are many other issues as well , I just need to listen to it a couple more times to spot them. I can listen to any lupe fiasco album more than once and always find something new that I missed the last time. He does tend to go over the heads of average people. That's most likely the reason he doesn't sell as much as he should be selling. The Cool is pure genius to me.

I also think that all the credit Kayne gets for Graduation is well deserved. His major downfall is his lyrical skills but his production value is top notch....regardless if you think it's just mixes and doesn't warrant such high recognition.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote