Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Rappers / Hip-hop Ever
View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 02:51 AM   #17 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
his cadence....his flow....the way he spits....it's annoying and sounds like a typical white rapper....it's just off....

chamillionaire doesn't get as much credit as he deserves...his first album won a grammy and he second deserves to win a grammy also but I don't think he will.

I'm guessing you've never listened to any of his albums in full. you just hear his singles and judge him off of them.
whether or not he wins a grammy doesn't matter...its not like that really has much credibility when it comes to talent or originality.

Your right, i haven't listened to an album of his in entirety. Neither have i of Lil' Wayne or the Ying Yang twins, but a the few songs i have listened to, recommended to me in fact, didn't stand out as being anything exciting.

I'm just curious as to how much politics have an effect on your like of an album. Is a song like "trying to catch me riding dirty" really that insightful, or am i missing something?

As for Aesop, your right. Hes about as white and emo as a rapper can get. I hated him at first as well, i thought he just tried to scramble as many words he could to make him sound original. But when you actually brake it down it pretty impressive, he writes 10x times the amount of lyrics in each tune compared to the average rap songwriter.

Though i disagree about his flow, have you listened to his recent stuff or early stuff?

cuz he sounds quite pissed and frustrated in the early work, but now he seems to calm and boring, a little to pleased with himself. But he likes Legend of Zelda-so its all good :P
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote