Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2008, 06:32 PM   #118 (permalink)
Inuzuka Skysword
Existential Egoist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
i know people will pull me up on this but I would call this Ambient Metal. If you are into bands like Opeth and like to hear more than just a bunch of riffs then listen to these guys. truly stunning metal album.
I believe that The Mantle is one of the best crafted albums ever. What I mean by that is that every song fits more perfectly with each other then any other album I have ever heard. That album had so much emotion put into it and the production was absolutely great.

Lately I have been listening to Et tu Brute's demo a lot and also:

Led Zeppelin - II

Started out with me wanting to listen to Whole Lotta Love and then I just kept listening to the album in repetition.

Nick Drake - Five Leaves Left

What can I say it is one of the greatest folk albums ever created. It is a shame we didn't get to hear more from Nick Drake because he is pretty much the most soulful acoustic guitar player IMO.

Thorr's Hammer - Dommedagsnatt

I really wish this band kept going. First off, the female vocalist who did this album is really one of my favorite doom metal grunters. Her voice is eerie, like Ozzy's, which I think is great for this type of metal. This band reminded me of a sludgedoom version of Draconian, which is why I really liked them.

The Fall of Troy - Manipulator

This is probably my favorite TFOT album. I have been listening to this album daily for at least two months and can't get enough from it. Personally I think Erak put a lot more into this album then any of the others, and the changes from the poppy sensation to the Prog to the Post-Hardcore meltdowns is just amazing. I really think that TFOT are one of, if not the, best Post-Hardcore bands out there.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote