Music Banter - View Single Post - American Idiot Review
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #24 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by seismojones View Post
Mark - if you're going to post an album review for the world to see, spell-check wouldn't kill you. There are so many flaws in this review it's not even funny.

This is a bad sentence. It's not "always discussed." I would change that to "often" - even that's not true, though.

Is are?

You need to use "their", not "there". And I think you mean "they damn well could be," not "they well damn could be."

I'm not going to even challenge the use "portal of instrumental music," though it makes no sense. What I will take issue with is your statement that Green Day are anti-American. I have a feeling they wouldn't agree with you. Do you even know what the album is about? It's about G.W. Bush (the American Idiot) and his fear-mongering via post-9/11 hysteria. It's anti-Bush, not anti-American.

Need grammar check here and I wouldn't use "mellow softening" it's kind of a redundant adjective.

Need spellcheck, and you need to use "is" instead of "are".

There are too many errors in the rest of your review to go into.
This was a good effort - next time read over your review a few times to eliminate the errors, use spell-check and grammar check.

Aside from that, I do agree with you. I don't believe Green Day is one of the best bands of all time, but I do think American Idiot is one of the best albums of all time.

sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote