Music Banter - View Single Post - Biffy Clyro: Puzzle
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 05:56 AM   #20 (permalink)
Rubberchicken
Music Addict

The question is... does this:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1990celtic1888 View Post
... Travis, the Frattelis, the View have showed that Scotland’s not only famous for deep fried marsbars and the animal that treks across the highlands. ...
Warrrant this:-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
Unfortunately a review with the names: TRAVIS, THE FRATELLIS and THE VIEW loses immediate credibility.
bit harsh?

Regardless of what was said between mark and jackhammer in PM it was said in a public forum where people such as I (a biffy clyro and review fan) have to read it.
Even though everyone is (pretty much) allowed to share their opinion there are some comments that will create a backlash and some that won't, it's having the hindsight to see it coming and the conviction to justify it that will stop people thinking you're a tosser.
Even though nothing negative was said about BC it was an incredibly narrowminded/unfunny comment to add. All it accomplished was to highlight how narrowminded jackhammer is.
I don't know jackhammer from a bar of soap but on first impressions I know that from now on whenever I read a comment made my him I shall think back to the narrowminded comment he made in the BC: puzzle thread, it that too harsh?
Personally I think the review was outstanding and I feel that the only credibility that was lost in this thread was that of jackhammers.
But hey thats just my opinion.

P.s. can I also add another jackhammer quote from another thread
musicbanter.com/indie-alternative/28634-teenage-fanclub-2.html

Quote:
The comp sounds tasty Mr Nic. Keep contributing as quality posters help the rep of the site.
Take some of your own advice.