Music Banter - View Single Post - Hercules and Love Affair
View Single Post
Old 03-24-2008, 10:01 AM   #46 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemyat_thesix View Post
sorry expletive, but i agree with this statement. in edm the most important element is the beat, followed by the bassline. hooks, leads, and/or vocals vie for third place.

and honestly, ethan, you don't belong in this thread, or forum. you don't know much about edm at all, stick in the "indie" thread

this hercules album is mediocre at best, i'll be listening to Does It Offend You, Yeah?
I didn't say that the beat wasn't important, just that the vocals aren't always secondary. They're just as important as anything else in a song. The beat is certainly necessary in order to dance, but I can think of plenty more great songs with very boring or average beats, that are basically only good because of their vocals, hooks, or leads. The beat is important, but not all good songs have good ones.

Also, speaking of mediocre, DIOYY aren't anything special themselves.

And jackhammer was the one who called it Electronica throughout the entire thread. Also, Ishkur's isn't really that great a guide. It's fun to read if you already know a lot about the genres he's talking about, but half the guide is him making fun of EDM.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote