Music Banter - View Single Post - Hercules and Love Affair
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 08:04 PM   #66 (permalink)
Expletive Deleted
Dancing Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
I am mentioning these bands because it falls under the umbrella of Electronica of which Justice fall under.
Well next we can compare them to 808 State, because hey, they're both Electronic groups, right? No offense, but you seem to be grabbing at straws here comparing Justice to any "innovative" Electronic group you can think of.

I really don't see how you could dislike Justice and then find the Propellerheads interesting? "Bang On!" sounds like it could've been made by half the groups involved in this scene. All they did was take a fairly typical rock song and add a 303 synth. Honestly, with all the early 90s Acid House influence going on in Electro House right now, I wouldn't be surprised if at this point next year groups like Justice and Digitalism were making tracks just like this (Simian Mobile Disco are already halfway there, all they need to do is raise the BPM and Attack Decay Sustain Release would sound like any 90s Big Beat album).

Or are you trying to say that the Propellerheads DID make Electro House and that it's 30 years old? I'm not sure what you even mean by bringing them up.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote