Music Banter - View Single Post - Turn that Noise Off
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 01:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
hookers with machineguns
Music Addict

Raine, you sum'd things up nicely. I agreed with 90% of what you said.
Some notes: I dont give Dre much credit. Afterall, he doesnt write his own songs, and most of his beats are either stolen or simply a variation of a beat he has used before. Obie has no talent, much like most of the Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit labels. I hope he didnt make $$$ off Cheers. Ja Rule is lame, but I'd be surpised if 50 can put out an album anywhere close to the quality of Venni Vetti Vecci. I used to like Ca$h Money, but Mannie Fresh and Birdman are annoying and rap about the same sh*t in each song. I've always liked Lil Wayne (up until 500 degreez), but he's not on cashmoney anymore. And, Juvenile's 400 degreez was ganxta back in the day, but all his other LPs have one/two good songs on them. I think Mack 10 is on Cash Money still, I have no prob with him. BG has really good releases, check those out (he's not on their label anymore either). Turk is okay too.
Beyonce is ugly, I'd much prefer the other one. Forget her name.
Jay Z Reasonable Doubt. One of the best rap albums. Im not a fan of any of his other CDs, maybe with exception of the Dynasty. Everything else was crap in my opinion, especially both Blueprints.
504 Boyz shoulda been on that list, definitely.
TI is okay. It's funny to see white frat boys bumpin Rubberband Man or 24s.