Music Banter - View Single Post - Turn that Noise Off
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 03:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Raine
Full-Time Hellion

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookers with machineguns
Raine, you sum'd things up nicely. I agreed with 90% of what you said.
Some notes: I dont give Dre much credit. Afterall, he doesnt write his own songs, and most of his beats are either stolen or simply a variation of a beat he has used before. Obie has no talent, much like most of the Shady/Aftermath/G-Unit labels. I hope he didnt make $$$ off Cheers. Ja Rule is lame, but I'd be surpised if 50 can put out an album anywhere close to the quality of Venni Vetti Vecci. I used to like Ca$h Money, but Mannie Fresh and Birdman are annoying and rap about the same sh*t in each song. I've always liked Lil Wayne (up until 500 degreez), but he's not on cashmoney anymore. And, Juvenile's 400 degreez was ganxta back in the day, but all his other LPs have one/two good songs on them. I think Mack 10 is on Cash Money still, I have no prob with him. BG has really good releases, check those out (he's not on their label anymore either). Turk is okay too.
Beyonce is ugly, I'd much prefer the other one. Forget her name.
Jay Z Reasonable Doubt. One of the best rap albums. Im not a fan of any of his other CDs, maybe with exception of the Dynasty. Everything else was crap in my opinion, especially both Blueprints.
504 Boyz shoulda been on that list, definitely.
TI is okay. It's funny to see white frat boys bumpin Rubberband Man or 24s.
TI is ok. but hearing his music over and over again just gets annoying. I've got nothing against him though. And I usd to like Dre. His stuff from Chronic was nice. . . Miss the old stuff.

And I think you were making a reference to Kelly Rolwnad. Either her or Michelle Williams. I'm guesing it was Kelly though since she was by far the cutest in my opinion.
And Jay- Z is not the best rapper in the world. But the fact that he's one of the better rappers in today's world is sad.
And thinking about Lil Wayne also brings back sad memories or 500 degreez. My younger sister used to listen to so much garbage it isn't even funny.
Today after reading this thread I asked her to name some good rappers she said 50 cent and Lloyd banks. (I laughed) I asked her to name some bad rappers. She said Eminem and Dre. I was laughing so hard. It doens't help that I was listening to the Proud family in the background. Oh man. Needless to say I threw a cup at her.
Mack Ten is cool. I don't know what record label he's one but I remember listening to him a couple of years ago.

And if Obie Trice makes more than 50 cents off his Cheers album I will cry. I mean anytime you do a song abuot teeth and your big lips, something is wrong. I'm sorry but this is one CD I refuse to even burn let alone buy. it is not worth it.

Peace out.

~ Friedrich Nietzsche
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote