Music Banter - View Single Post - Nickelback-All The Right Reasons
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2008, 02:10 PM   #92 (permalink)
Rainard Jalen
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian View Post
See, the problem is, everyone reviews Nickelback as a rock band. They're not. They're a very generic POP band who have been marketed well by their record company and try to appeal to the rock category of fans, because in a time when pop music is rife, we're still in a minority. So, the record companies attempt to catch us with what LOOKS like a rock band on the surface, but is underneath, just another manufactured boy band, albeit with guitars.

That being said, they're makin' their money and I'm sure they're enjoying it, so I doubt if they're gonna go away any time soon. They have however, led more younger kids to pick up instruments, which cant be a bad thing. All in all, the only way anyone is ever going to come to terms with Nickelback as a "band" is if they accept that they're for money-making, not music-making, and if you dont like it, shut up about it, and ignore them.
I agree that Nickelback aren't really a legitimate topic of discussion for the dedicated community of music fans (unless somebody actually likes them - ::shudder:: ). It makes no more sense to make specific criticisms of them than to do the same of groups like 3DaysGrace and so forth. They're meant to be crap. The record company know these bands are not artists. They're simply shrewd craftsmen who make very marketable material.