Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Rap Artists
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #62 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Proggy is just showing his ignorance of hip hop by saying Tupac sucks. All Eyez on Me was the first double-disc hip hop album ever and despite him finishing it in two weeks it has had more impact than most artists, including Aesop Rock will ever have. Tupac is probably the most important rap artists of the 90s and while I prefer Me Against the World for its much more serious tone the shift in style he presented and the way All Eyez on Me traverses various sides of him is something rarely seen by many hip hop artists. Monotoned? Maybe vocally but hardly anywhere else. The beats and production are fine, particularly the driving one in California Love I don't see why Proggy has a problem with them other than him throwing out generic insults in hopes he can look controversial by. He took hip hop to another level and even today Tupac would be considered a fine artist, he's one of the most well-read rappers ever and it shows.
sleepy jack is offline   Reply With Quote