Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll C
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 06:55 PM   #33 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by British_pharaoh View Post
You'd put The Velvet Underground and Nico up with say Rubber Soul or Pet Sounds wouldn't you?

well you bloody should do anyway

now the latter 2 are hardly as innovative and experimental as the Velvets but they are still marvellous albums that are held in just as high esteem and by a lot of people maybe even higher
Hardly relevant since you don't know my opinions on those is it?

Quote:
but they are 3 albums that are completely different just like Odelay, Siamese Dream and oh I dunno something like '69 Love Songs'
You're the one who compared them not me so don't complain that Siamese Dream is being placed next to Odelay.

Quote:
innovation and originality is always revered but just because a band is able to make a tremendous record despite being (like you stated) like 200 other bands shouldn't mean they are regarded as an inferior artist.
In comparison to someone doing something completely singular and innovative yeah they're inferior.

Quote:
In fact it can sometimes say more for a band if they can clearly stand out from their contemporaries.
So? They're still not doing something original and when you place them next to someone doing something original guess who's generally going to be seen as more important? The artist doing something original.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
You're right, Ethans wrong.

Lock thread.
Will you shut the fuck up if you're not going to contribute something?

Quote:
Originally Posted by British_pharaoh View Post
and your precious Pitchfork magazine has Siamese Dream highers than Odelay among 90's albums

but of course this is where the convenient
magazine lists mean nothing comes into it
I don't even like pitchfork's reviews in fact I've criticized them several times as being ridiculous and a completely elitist joke. Stop making completely irrelevant and unfounded comments please, it doesn't do anything for your argument.