Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll C
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2008, 07:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo View Post
Actually no it dosen't, if the music is not good it dosen't matter if you're original or not. Siamese Dream is a damn good album, I don't even see whats so unoriginal about it.
I don't see how its much different than all the 90s alternative guitar rock, British Pharaoh seems to have no problem with me saying its unoriginal in fact you agreed with him when he said they should be praised for doing the same thing as their contemporaries and standing out while doing it. Weird how you're saying something different now.

Quote:
I'm sorry Fall of Troy are not more importing than Smashing Pumpkins.
I never said they were, just more original.

Quote:
Add to that, Fall of Troy are just mixing hardcore with prog, its a novel concept, but I don't see how that makes them so damn original.
Who else sounds like the Fall of Troy?

Quote:
Add to that originality has NOTHING to do with importance, unless you're seriously gonna tell me The Residents are more important than The Rolling Stones.
Yeah but we're not comparing a fairly unknown act to a popular one. We're talking Beck and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GravitySlips View Post
sorry, but this is not true.

the Taj Mahal Travellers (japanese band) were very original, unlike anything else really

Nirvana were not particularly original.

by your logic the Taj Mahal Travellers are more important than Nirvana...obviously not the case.
I repeat: "Yeah but we're not comparing a fairly unknown act to a popular one. We're talking Beck and The Smashing Pumpkins."