Music Banter - View Single Post - Best Artist: Round 2: Poll C
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2008, 04:07 AM   #67 (permalink)
sleepy jack
isfckingdead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
I'm not saying that they're completely original, you can tell who some of their influences are, such as MBV, by listening to them. But what other bands in the early to mid 90's where combining down-tuned grunge distortion with gentle dream-rock melodies and make it sound damn good?
Wow, so I guess Wolfmother are original too since not many bands are blatantly ripping off Led Zeppelin right now? There's a difference between sounding fresh and sounding original, learn it.

Quote:
It wasn't just James Iha who made them stand out, Corgan's distinctive vocals and Jimmy's tight jazz-influenced drumming were just as important.
Um, no. I don't really hear the jazz in the drums...at all but as for the Corgan point his voice may be unique in itself but his whiny/scream vocal styling was a 90s trademark.

Quote:
If you don't like thier music, fair enough. Not everyone likes the bands you like. Just dont go diss bands that have proven why they are great.
They've released how many albums? Seven? The only one I'd considered good from a non-biased perspective is Siamese Dream and maybe Gish.